South African Events Directory
- Cape Town International Kite Festival
- 02 Nov 2013 - 03 Nov 2013
Cape Town International Kite Festival
The beautiful lawns of Zandvlei, Muizenberg in Cape Town will once again this year be proud hosts of the Cape Town International Kite Festival. This is Africa’s biggest kite festival and has professional kite flyers from Germany, England and around South Africa showing off their immaculate, colourful kiting creations of different shapes and sizes.
The 2013 theme is ‘New Horizons - Beyond 100 Years’.
The Cape Town International Kite Festival is Cape Mental Health’s annual fundraising and awareness raising event. The event aims to generate funds through the variety of stalls and participation in Kite flying.
Entry is just R10 per adult and R5 per child - all monies generated go to help children and adults with mental disabilities. The Cape Town International Kite Festival will be open from 10:00 to 18:00 each day. The fun – filled two days packed with entertainment from musicians, performers, and dancers have always proven to be a great value for money and have been greatly enjoyed by many.
There is lots of parking and easy access by train (False Bay or Muizenberg stations).
If you feel creative help yourself by making a kite to enter the Creative Kite Competition. The kite can be any shape or size but should cost less than R25 in materials.
What to expect…?
• Spectacular show kites, flown by International teams
• Hearts 104.9FM live broadcasting
• Creative Kite Competition
• musicians, dancers and others entertainers to perform on the stage at the Festival
• A variety of Stalls (Food, crafts, clothing, organic produce, health products)
• Live entertainment
• Activities and loads of fun for children
• Kite-making workshops
EventList powered by schlu.net